9.16.2010

there are bugs in my eyes and
bacon on my breath.
i fell together,
fell apart,
and now i'm simply falling.
but that's just fine by me,
because, you see,
my knuckles have a horde of scars and scuffs
upon them.
i can scrap, if you so please,
but i would really rather not.
i laid my palms upon a harlot tonight
and found a heart within
her hardened breast.
a beating, bleating little beast,
pleading for the sympathy
found only in a kindred broken smile.
i kept my hands on her
hot and heaving hips,
but my love was not inside my fingers.
it was inside my knees.
the knees on which i kneeled
and spat my silly proclamations.
the knees from which i peeled
my skin and bone
to show a certain someone something special.
something inside of whom i could maybe be.
this sole and certain something
hardened up,
like a harlots hips.
it still heaves and breathes, however...
but in a way that sits upon your chest,
like watching an old dog dying.
i digress...
these hands are only hands,
however torn and crinkled they may be...
but they are, indeed, my own,
and i will lay them down upon
whichever heart
might hold them,
tightly.

1 comment:

  1. “I need you, my fairy tale. For you are the only person I can talk to—about the hue of a cloud, about the singing of a thought, and about the fact that when I went out to work today and looked at each sunflower in the face, they all smiled back at me with their seeds.”

    Vladimir to Vera

    ReplyDelete